Our large and vibrant library is valued by the whole College, from Year 7 right through to Year 11.
The library at All Saints Catholic College is situated in the main playground and provides a light and airy space which can accommodate around 60 pupils. It is staffed throughout the day and is well used by pupils from all year groups. It provides a friendly, welcoming and inclusive space in which to study, complete homework, read and choose books.
“The library is always the best place to be!”
Year 7 pupil
Homework support is available every evening after school as well as at break and lunchtime.
Pupils may visit the library in classes or groups throughout the school day. They may also use the computers, have their work printed and buy basic stationery.
"The library is a safe, bully-free space because the librarian is always there. You can meet your friends and do your homework together."
Year 9 pupil
"Our library is fantastic! It is a calm and inspiring place to work and learn. We are so proud of our library as we have learnt so much from it."
Year 8 pupil
Library opening times
- Before school from 8.30am
- Break time
- After school until 4.30pm (Monday and Tuesday)
- After school until 4pm (Wednesday – Friday)
Every pupil in years 7 and 8 follows the Accelerated Reader (AR) programme. There is a great range of AR titles to choose from and pupils visit the library once a fortnight during English for an AR/literacy lesson. Pupils’ success and achievement in AR is celebrated at reward assemblies every term. Parents are able to monitor their child’s progress via Accelerated Reader Home Connect.
- Pupil Librarian Team: pupils can help out on the issue desk at break and lunchtimes
- Reading Club: every Monday after school
- Lego Club: run by pupils every Monday and Friday after school
- Gardening club: every Friday at break and lunchtime – come and help create a wild garden in the green space behind the library
- Film Club: TBA
- Theatre Trips: annual trips for members of the Pupil Librarian Team and members of our extra-curricular clubs
Year 11 mocks are starting today.
Good luck guys!
Today, some of our students are visiting University of Leeds as part of the The Brilliant Club Scholars Programme
It is an award-winning charity that exists to increase the number of pupils progressing to highly-selective universities. They do this by mobilising the PhD community to share its academic expertise with state schools.
#BrilliantClub #UniversityLeeds #allsaintccduk
College Library Links