Our large and vibrant library is valued by the whole College, from Year 7 right through to Year 11.
Homework support is available every evening after school as well as at break and lunchtime.
Pupils may visit the library in classes or groups throughout the school day. They may also use the computers, have their work printed and buy basic stationery.
Library opening times
- Before school from 8.30am
- Break time
- After school until 4.30pm (Monday and Tuesday)
- After school until 4pm (Wednesday – Friday)
Every pupil in years 7 and 8 follows the Accelerated Reader (AR) programme. There is a great range of AR titles to choose from and pupils visit the library once a fortnight during English for an AR/literacy lesson. Pupils’ success and achievement in AR is celebrated at reward assemblies every term. Parents are able to monitor their child’s progress via Accelerated Reader Home Connect.
- Pupil Librarian Team: pupils can help out on the issue desk at break and lunchtimes
- Reading Club: every Monday after school
- Lego Club: run by pupils every Monday and Friday after school
- Gardening club: every Friday at break and lunchtime – come and help create a wild garden in the green space behind the library
- Film Club: TBA
- Theatre Trips: annual trips for members of the Pupil Librarian Team and members of our extra-curricular clubs